Now a days many people are using SD card and USB pen drivers. But these SD cards now comes with write protection switches. And this write protection switch option is a kind of good option like it can help you to ensure that data is not accidentally erased or overwritten from your hardware device or software program. Not only this with remove write protection SD card switch you can save your all data and files of your device. Like nobody can transfer or copy your data or file. You also can save your all old pictures, like you enable write protection switch and after that no new picture will be added. And all old pictures will be save in your hardware. See more tech tutorials on our blog.
Well! this write protection switch is very useful but on the other side many people are facing problems like in their write protection SD card had an error. When you got an error message in your window and that message is saying that card is write protected. Then it means that you can’t copy files to the card nor format it. Even you can not use storage devices, also cannot delete or format any device.
It shows that your SD card is almost useless now. But you don’t need to worry about it more, because in this article we will guide you how you can remove write protection on micro sd card? or how you can format write protection sd card? You also can apply these methods on your write protected Pen drive, USB drive and hard drive as well. We also will guide you that how you can remove write protection on a Disk in Windows 10/8/7?. First follow the instruction below that how you can remove write protection sd card?
- 1 How to Remove Write Protection From SD card?
- 2 Scan Write Protection SD Card With Antivirus:
- 3 How to Format write protection SD card with EaseYS Partition Master Free?
- 4 How to solve an error in write protection SD card using Regedit?
- 5 How you can remove the write protection on a Disk?
How to Remove Write Protection From SD card?
For removing write protection from your SD card or unlock write protection SD card you need to follow few simple steps below. While you unlock your sd card you will be able to store files and data on your SD card.
- Very first you have to insert your SD card in SD card adapter and place it in level place like on table or another level place you want.
- Then check out the lock switch on the upper left of the SD card. This switch will be a small in look and color of this switch will be a silver or white.
- Then you have to push the lock on opposite direction of the SD card to unlock it. While you unlock the SD card write protection switch, you are able to store your data on your card.
Scan Write Protection SD Card With Antivirus:
If your SD card is not working properly then you have to scan your SD card with antivirus, because some nature viruses like trojans and worms can harm your computer or memory card. Simply scan your write protected SD card and remove all harmful files. While you scan your SD card will start working again properly. If your SD card is working properly after scan then it’s good. Otherwise check our other tricks below.
How to Format write protection SD card with EaseYS Partition Master Free?
For format your write protection SD card you just follow few simple steps and your sd card will be format completely.
- Simply insert your write protected SD card into a computer (windows 10/8/7) and launch easeUS partition Master Free.
- Now Click on the SD card and select “Format Partition“.
- After that you will see a mini window on it, in this window you can edit the “partition label” and also you have to choose a file system.
- Now you have to click on apply, and protected SD card is formatted completely.
How to solve an error in write protection SD card using Regedit?
Here we will guide you with using of Registry Editor you can easily remove an error from your write protection SD card. Follow instruction below.
- First go into your system Registry.
- Now go in to your start menu search and write “Regedit” and open it.
- After opening registry editor nevigate this key (“Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies)
- In the Regedit you will see “Write Protection” option. Simply double-click on it and set the value data between 1 to 10.
- Now close the Regedit and Restart your pc and plug your SD card back in and you will no more see the write protection.
- I hope this trick will be really helpful for you.
How you can remove the write protection on a Disk?
While you are dealing with internal storage of your window devices you may find an error that the “Disk is write protected” or “Remove the write-protection or use another disk“. It means that your device is corrupt or your registry entry is corrupt. Or it’s saying you that the storage device is write protected in real. So you don’t need to worry about it because here we will guide you how you can remove the Write Protection on a Disk in window 10/8/7.
- First you have to check that the device switch has pushed to protect the device from accidental writing. then remove the device from computer.
- And if that switch is on disable then it means your write protection switch is off.
- While your SD card write protection switch is off and you still get the message. Then you have to confirm your administrator to that he has blocked USB ports.
- And in that case USB port is not blocked by the admins then you have to go with Windows registry to see the USB ports has been changed to lock or not.
- Go to editing registry to check the key is modifies.
- Just Press Windows Key + R.
- Then in the search bar write Regedit and press enter.
- After seeing registry editor just expand the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Now expand system folder in the pane under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Now expand it to locate services after looking at CurrentControlSet.
- After expand service simply click on USBSTOR.
- Now double-click on Start after that in the box which appears simply enter 3.
- Now close registry editor.
- And you are done.
I hope all these trick and tips you find really helpful for you. For live Roku streaming stick TV show and movies you can visit our other articles. i am sure you like them to read.